|Faculty & Staff|
Welcome to Computer Technology!
WHERE TECHNOLOGY KNOWLEDGE IS JUST A CLICK, TAP and SWIPE AWAY!
It's going to be a great year!
December 3-9, 2018
Students in grades K-8 will participate in Hour of Code Activities by visiting code.org/learn !
For more information on Hour of Code, click the symbol below.
Our Computer Lab contains Windows 8.1 computers with Microsoft Office, a Scanner, Promethean ActivPanel, Color and Black and White Printers!
Classes taught: Computers Grades K-8
Welcome to my webpage! I am the Computer Teacher and Technology Integrator for Visitation Academy. This is my eleventh year at the school. I am a graduate of Fairleigh Dickinson University with a degree in Elementary Education and have over 25 years experience in computer technology. My past experience includes working as a computer trainer and network administrator for Panasonic and Equitable Life. Additionally, I taught computer engineering to elementary school students at the Gifted Child Society, was the Computer Teacher at Garfield Catholic Academy, and a private school in New York.
My students will use Computers and Microsoft Office, the Internet, iPads, Chromebooks, Promethean ActivPanel and Google G-Suite (Google Apps) to complete many school and holiday-related projects. I continue to work with our faculty on student projects, STEM and integrating technologies, such as iPads, SmartBoards, Promethean Panels and Chromebooks to enhance their curriculum.
Please refer to Section V of the Student Handbook to view responsible and acceptable use of the internet and technology.
Also, please review the CHROMEBOOK USAGE AGREEMENT for Grades 4-5 and middle school students.
At Visitation Academy all students from Grades K through 8 receive formal computer instruction once a week for a period of 45 minutes.
- All students practice keyboarding skills for the first 10 minutes of each session. Grades K-3 use Tux Typing and students in Grades 4-8 use Typing Club, the Chrome App to learn touch typing using the home row.
- Students in Grades K-1 use Kid Pix Deluxe and students in Grades 2-8 use MicrosoftOffice to complete a variety of school related and seasonal projects.
- Students learn research strategies on the Internet and also learn responsible use of technology.
- Students in Grades 4-5 as well as Middle School Students use
Google G-Suite (formerly called Google Apps for Education)
- Students learn and practice computer programming skills by visiting code.org and Scratch.
- Additionally, students use Kidspiration to develop strong thinking skills, strengthen reading and writing skills, and build conceptual understanding in math.
Computer Lab Procedures and Expectations (pdf)
Student Handbook Section V Technology (pdf)
CHROMEBOOK USAGE AGREEMENT (pdf)
Websites for Students
Computer Class - Programming