MIDDLE SCHOOL RELIGION TEACHER
Our goal as a Catholic School is to graduate practicing Catholics. My goal is to help each student encounter Jesus and so desire to learn and embrace their Catholic faith.
USCCB.org Fast & Abstinence
- Ash Wednesday and Good Friday are obligatory days of fasting and abstinence for Catholics. In addition, Fridays during Lent are obligatory days of abstinence .
- For members of the Latin Catholic Church, the norms on fasting are obligatory from age 18 until age 59 . When fasting, a person is permitted to eat one full meal, as well as two smaller meals that together are not equal to a full meal.
- The norms concerning abstinence from meat are binding upon members of the Latin Catholic Church from age 14 onwards.
- If possible, the fast on Good Friday is continued until the Easter Vigil (on Holy Saturday night) as the "paschal fast" to honor the suffering and death of the Lord Jesus, and to prepare ourselves to share more fully and to celebrate more readily his Resurrection .
Saint Mother Teresa pray for us
6A and 6B - Test tomorrow 4/17 on Holy Week and the Paschal Candle
Extra help available Wednesdays 7:45.
1. Maintain communication with Faculty concerning Liturgies, Sacraments and Prayer Sevices.
2. Invites various speakers for Faculty Religious In-Services.
3. Invite speakers for students such as "Life Net" and other Catholic organizations.